Monday, December 17, 2007

Buckethead - Population Override + Pepper's Ghost + The Cukoo Clocks of Hell

Population Override
(2004)
Download

This is Buckethead, jazz funk fusion style. Population Override has funky toe-tapping riffs a plenty, soul driven Pink Floydian solo's, extra thick slices of glorious keyboard cheese, and Buckethead's bluesy guitar widdling. Population Stays away from the intimidating shredding as seen on other Buckethead albums, and instead, trades it in for melody, rhythmic riffs and less extravagantly fast/complex solo's.

Pepper's Ghost
(2007)
One of Buckethead's Most accessible and, in my opinion, best albums. These songs actually have versus, choruses, extremely catchy, and vocals could actually fit overtop of them. Pepper's Ghost is also probably Buckethead's most balanced records; its crazy metal riffing(cukoo clocks of Hell), virtuostic soloing(Robots & Monsters), and Mellow passages(Colma, Population Override). Good Place to Start if your new to Buckethead. Oh yeah, and this is album number 14 of 19 albums Buckethead's released in 2007. (yikes, take a vacation or saumthing man!)

The Cukoo Clocks of Hell
(2004)
Download

HEAVY shit here dudes. Buckethead shows just how mind-bendingly Technical he can play a Geetar. Its hard to believe that this is the same Buckethead that made beautifully quiet albums like Colma and Operation Override. He is truly and ace of spades in my book, He puts alot of other metal guitarists to shame with the heavy ass riffing/shredding on this album for sure. I can't think of another artist who can hold my attention equally through such varied albums. Not to mention that this was also released the same year as Population Override and Island of lost souls. Its amazing that one man can release so many albums, so different from each other and of equally good quality.


PS: This post are the Buckethead Albums that are my current personal favorites out of the 16 that I currently have...so yeah, download them and ignore the inumerable other albums by Buckethead that I'm sure will surface on this blog soon enough.

Genre: Metal/Fusion/Virtuoso/Solo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.