Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Black Keys - Attack & Release and Chulahoma (EP)



Download

More Black Keys For ya'll. I particularly enjoy "Chulahoma", partly because it was my introduction to The Black Keys. I picked it up by mistake because the name rung a bell. I was in fact expecting it to be a full length album and full of experimental rock, by some band i heard a lot of people talking about. (I thought they were the Black Dice.) An admittedly equally embarassing and beneficial fuck-up on my part. When I put it on expecting crazy shit as per Black Dice, and instead was greeted by a twangley soulful blues guitar riff I was more then a little surprised. I was surprised that anyone would call this experimental or noise rock, and I was equally surprised that it was exceptionally good. Hey... everyone makes mistakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

attack & release is gone

Derk-a-lerk said...

i'm re-uping it now, will be back up before the day is done.

Anonymous said...

Thx! Can't get enough of this guys