Saturday, June 16, 2007

Roger Waters - Amused to Death

Roger Waters - Amused to Death
Definatly reminiscent of Waters work on "The Wall" when Pink Floyd was still around. And although this verges on being another one of Waters pompous protest albums, this one seems just to sit with me better. The music flows together better then any of his other solo work I've heard and just generally sounds more Pinkfloydian. The concept of the album is pretty blunt, war is hell, violence is becoming mainstream, etc. He compares war to being like a game that you can watch on TV, and links that to why people are patriotic. And although what Waters Conveys on Amused to death is true, its just a very basic idea that kinda came to late to teach me a lesson I've already been lectured about; war is bad.


PS: the Tracklisting is a bit fucked so here is the actual order the songs go in:
1The Ballad of Bill Hubbard4:19
2What God Wants, Part I6:00
3Perfect Sense, Part I4:16
4Perfect Sense, Part II2:50
5The Bravery of Being Out of Range4:43
6Late Home Tonight, Part I4:00
7Late Home Tonight, Part II2:13
8Too Much Rope5:47
9What God Wants, Part II3:41
10What God Wants, Part III4:08
11Watching TV6:07
12Three Wishes6:50
13It's a Miracle8:30
14Amused to Death9:06


Genre: Progressive Rock

No comments: